Aish el Saraya, a Lebanese bread pudding
Aish el Saraya is an easy & simple Lebanese bread pudding dessert that can be prepared without an oven.
- Rusk: 1 packet
- Sugar: 1 cup
- Water: 1 cup
- Milkmaid: 1 tin
- Cornflour: 4 tbsp
- Fresh cream: 1 cup
- To prepare cornflour mix, add 4 tbsp cornflour to one cup milk and mix well without forming any lumps.
- In low flame, add 0.5-litre milk to a pan. After 2-3 minutes add 1 tin milkmaid and mix well. Later, add fresh cream to form a smooth mixture.
- Add 2-3 drops of rose water, to get a good flavour.
- Then, add cornflour mix to this smooth mixture. It should be stirred continuously for almost 10-15 minutes to form a thick cream.
- In a pudding tray, place rusk evenly and sprinkle sugar syrup over it. Now, pour the cream above it. Repeat this step again to form the second layer.
- Refrigerate for an hour and garnish it with crushed pistachios.
- Cut into square pieces & serve chilled.