Minister V Sivankutty slams teachers for raising complaints against focus area in exams


Each employee of the Department of Education has their own duties which they have to fulfil, the minister said.

V Sivankutty | Photo: Mathrubhumi

Thiruvananthapuram: Education Minister V Sivankutty raised sharp criticism against the teachers who raised complaints against focus area in Class 10 and 12 examinations.

He said that the teachers are appointed by the government on the basis of their responsibility. The most important job of teachers is to educate the students. Each employee of the Department of Education has their own duties which they have to fulfil, the minister said.

He added that there is no need for everyone to take up a responsibility together.

Meanwhile, Plus One Improvement Examination will begin on Tuesday in the state. The minister informed that a separate room would be set up for Covid positive students. He pointed out that the government gives priority to the future of the students.

Complaints were raised against the decision of the Department of Education to include 70 percent of questions from the focus area and the remaining 30 percent from outside the focus area in Class 10 and 12 examinations. The focus area is less when compared to previous years. The smaller number of choices allowed for non-focus area questions was also a major reason for the complaints.

There are two parts in the question paper, A and B. Part A includes questions from the focus area and Part B contains questions outside the focus area. Out of 6 questions, only 4 need to be answered in Part A, however, there is no choice available for the questions in Part B. Many people including teachers have pointed out that more choices should be given for questions in the non-focus area.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Youtube
Telegram

More From This Section